King George Roscoe P-Coltrane the First

King George Roscoe P-Coltrane the First
Viva and Jerry, from Viva and Jerry's Country Music Videos, love our little (relative term) basset hound. Jerry thinks he swaggers like a king, so we all started calling him King George. This is the picture we took of george this year (his crown is from BK) that we framed and gave to Viva and Jerry as a Christmas present.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Busy

Sorry I haven't updated this lately, we've been well, busy. We're in the middle of removing wallpaper, refinancing, contesting our property taxes, both of us are busy at work and did I mention we're removing wallpaper? We're also periodically looking for furniture and dogs. I've been so busy I didn't even realize that I am almost out of my orientation period at work - February 24th. I think I might take of the 25th, buy a 1/2 gallon of ice cream and veg out on the couch with some girly movies.

Thanks to Angie's family we have gotten a lot done. Her brother's steamer is EXCELLENT! We've removed the 4 layers of wallpaper in the dining room. We removed the fake brick in the kitchen. We started removing the wallpaper in the upstairs hallway/stairway - despite the fact that its painted - its slow but its moving. We found a patch in the hallway that doesn't have wallpaper - just paint. We were able to remove the top layer of latex, but not really the layer underneath - we're not quite sure how were going to get that off. All I know is I am looking forward to it all being gone.

I am also getting pretty anxious for it to be warm again. Not because I can't stand the cold - the cold is the cold, you deal. I am anxious because I know we will be stripping wood, painting, creating a yard, and doing other fun projects that are more easily done outside than in the house or done with the windows open.

No mice since the first and only one - not complaining. We bought a digital SLR - better to document the house changes with. It's pretty sweet. There was a going out of business sale for a Tiffany glass store - so we bought one ceiling fixture and two Tiffany style lamps. We went to Twin's Fest and got Tony Oliva to sign a ball. We had a mini Super Bowl Party, I might have made too much dip. Now I have too many dishes. :) When are we installing that damn dishwasher? I tried to fix the toilet, but shortening the chain didn't help much. I'll be better about updating this, I swear.

No comments: