King George Roscoe P-Coltrane the First

King George Roscoe P-Coltrane the First
Viva and Jerry, from Viva and Jerry's Country Music Videos, love our little (relative term) basset hound. Jerry thinks he swaggers like a king, so we all started calling him King George. This is the picture we took of george this year (his crown is from BK) that we framed and gave to Viva and Jerry as a Christmas present.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Anyone know of a good place to get an oil change?

So, one of the struggles we are having with our new home/new location is trying to find a good place to get an oil change.

When we lived in Ohio, I hate to admit it but, we went to Wal-Mart and I liked the service. Don't ask those guys in Oxford to do anything other than an oil change, but when it came to oil changes - those guys were awesome. They were always super friendly, super nice, and willing to go the extra mile. Did I mention it was cheap!? Their prices beat other people's coupon prices, it was by far the cheapest.

Since moving to Minneapolis though, we haven't the same kind of luck. I went to the Wal-Mart in St. Anthony once to get our oil changed and a new battery put in and boy was that an experience. After dropping off the car, I went and ate at the Subway that was part of the building didn't hear them call my name and after an hour and a half of waiting I went back to figure out what the hell was going on. The lady at the desk went to figure out where the guy was who was working on my car. Turns out she couldn't find him, he left and didn't tell anyone. He realized he couldn't remove the bolt to get the battery in, backed out my car and called me over the intercom. Between when he called and when I got there, the guy randomly wandered off the manager had no idea where he'd gone. Not to mention my car was sitting outside - not getting the oil changed. I was waiting for them and they weren't even working on my car. Needless to say I was livid. So they pull in the car to actually change the oil and I asked the manager to actually check the bolt to make sure he wasn't just being lazy. An hour later, it was ready. I was pissed. They gave me a 9% discount for wasting 2 1/2 hours of my day. Wow, thanks. I was too mad and too annoyed, if I said anything I was going to blow my top so I just left never to return to that store again. And I mean NEVER. I don't care if I am dying of hunger, I won't go back to that store. 9% or like $3 for wasting most of my afternoon, I should have received it for free. Talk about great customer service. I am still mad about it.

Since then the in-law's Intrigue needed it's oil changed. I found a Tires Plus coupon for $20 and thought I'd give it a try. I made an appointment for the Eden Prairie one for over my lunch hour. When I first walked in to the front area it smelled like really bad farts, like so bad I almost coughed. I couldn't wait to get out of that place, P-U! The guy at the front desk was SUPER PUSHY. "Your car is over 75,000 miles you should really be putting a better oil in it", dude, not my car if the guy who owns it puts X oil in it, that's what I am putting in it too. Then he was pushing me to purchase a $15 package to have them check all kinds of things on my car, dude I came in for a freaking oil change - best part was half of the stuff was included in their free service. While I was eating lunch and wasting time at Subway, because I didn't want to wait in the smelly waiting room, I got a call that it was almost ready and that the guy wanted to tell me the things he found wrong with my car. I'm like OK, well I will be there in a second. He's like but don't you want to know whats wrong with your car, I'm like yeah, I'll be there in a second. He was being really pushy and you could tell he wanted to tell me a horror story over the phone so that I'd be like oh yeah go ahead and fix it, because lord knows it sounds worse over the phone and to top it off you are more inclined to just stay where you are and wait if they tell you over the phone. So I get there, he didn't even bother to come out and tell me what was wrong, I just got a list and it was pathetic routine maintenance things like air filters, tire rotation, break fluid flush. I was like you got to be kidding me. Plus it took 45 minutes to change the oil and I had an appointment - man when does it take longer than 30 minutes to change the oil? And guess what, when I got inside it smelt like farts again! It was awful! So needless to say between the pushy people and the smelly front area, I don't want to go there again.

Mike's car is due now too and I am really considering Parent's, the shop down the street we'll have to price them out. All I know is its his car now, he can deal with it. But if anyone has had any good experiences with any oil changing shops around here, please let us know.

No comments: