King George Roscoe P-Coltrane the First

King George Roscoe P-Coltrane the First
Viva and Jerry, from Viva and Jerry's Country Music Videos, love our little (relative term) basset hound. Jerry thinks he swaggers like a king, so we all started calling him King George. This is the picture we took of george this year (his crown is from BK) that we framed and gave to Viva and Jerry as a Christmas present.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Apple Picking!

I went with Angie, Angie's boyfriend Chris and Kathy to the an Apple Orchard in Jordan, MN on Sunday (durng the Packer game). It was called MN Harvest or something on old 169? It was so much fun! I wish we had pictures. Wagon ride out to the orchard. The apples towards the ground were all gone so I climbed trees and dropped down apples. It was a blast.

We bought apples, apple cider (YUM!), apple pie, apple pastries, and even pumpkins! Stop by later for pumpkin carving pictures. I am going to try to make Mike and Jake carve one each - I told Mr. Michael I'd de-seed his if it encouraged him to carve it. I am so excited to make my first apple pie in my house today or tomorrow, but I am for sure making homemade apple sauce today for the first time ever - Grandma's recipe! Hooray!

Falls in Minnesota (and Wisconsin) rock! Its so beautiful and it has that smell. The smell of October. The days are warm but not hot. Although today is rainy and cold - 43 degrees, yuck! Which reminds me we turned on the boiler system for the first time on Sunday. Easy and no problems... makes me wonder - nothing has been that easy!

P.S. Is it time to vote yet? I AM SO SICK OF POLITICAL ADS!!!

No comments: